Wednesday, December 24, 2008

School Christmas Parties

I love to be a part of everything the girls do, so the teachers in each of Kelsi and Heidi's class asked me to be the homeroom mom. This means you organize the class parties - Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's. I picked a couple moms from each class to help me, so when I went off from classroom to classroom, there would be someone to keep control of the chaos. For Christmas, Heidi's teacher wanted to keep it very simple, so in her class, we just had the kids enjoy snacks and visit. In Kelsi's class, we ventured out and tried gingerbread houses. This was so much fun and perfect for fourth graders! Note: Use small milk cartons next time for a sturdy structure (we had a few houses that just would not stay together).

















Something neat this year, the teachers all decided to stay away from the gift exchanges. I loved this idea since I believe kids have so much, and will get so much in a couple days. Also, there always seems to be the kid that just doesn't have much money and the other kids know and are not very discrete about it (snickering and complaining if they get his/her gift - that irritates me tremendously!) Good choice teachers!

No comments: